The Yelgava palace constructed in the XVIII century on the
project of architect Francesco Bartolomeo Rastrelli is one of the most
graceful architectural monuments. Place of stay of knights of the
Livony order and the former residence of dukes in the XX century It became
Alma Mater of students and professors. In 1936 the government of the Republic of Latvia decided to
reconstruct the Elgava palace for agricultural faculty of the Latvian
university. The main task of educational institution is creation of
intellectual potential for a sustainable development of the rural regions of
On September 16, 2013 the enterprise “Latviyas pasts” throughout
a series "The Higher School of Latvia" introduced into circulation a
postage value devoted to the Latvian agricultural University. The issue is
printed in tete-beche pair in mini sheet of 10 values with decorating margins.
Artist: Ludis Danilans. Edition:
copies. Printed by the State
printing house "Baltijas banknote", Latvia.